Sunday, July 27, 2014

How I got an $188 dollar handbag......

... for possibly free! I have been eyeing the gorgeous leather handbags that Madewell has to offer for a few months now (and that is also a key strategy in how I find great deals, keep track of items you like and check often for sales!). Finally the other day I hit the jackpot! Not only did they have a bag that I had seen on a fashion blogger I follow and had been loving, it was also marked down from $188 to $129, add in free shipping & a 40% off sale items discount & it made my bag-to-be $83 shipped! Now in a desire to get an even better deal, I did some research on Ebay. Multiple of the same bag (Slim Camden Tote) had sold on there recently for almost full retail price. So I took a risk, purchased two with the intent to list one & keep one. Now this was just last week, so I don't know the final price of my bag yet. It may be free, it may be under $40. I will be back to update when the 2nd bag sells on Ebay. Yes, this was a risk. But from the research I did, I do believe it will be a risk that pays off. Currently the bag is no longer available thru Madewell so unfortunately I can't link it here for you to purchase, but I will post photos for you to view!

Thanks - Caroline




An update: Well both bags ended up selling. I was a bit sad, as I did love this bag but I made a decent profit and was able to get a few nice items from my fall wish list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment