Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hello Fall!

Its been a time of hayrides, visiting a pumpkin patch, and for me fall means eating all things pumpkin and drinking all things pumpkin spice! The last few days have been a bit rainy here in northeast Ohio but prior I would say it has been one of the nicer falls, with lots of sunshiny days. The other day Madewell was having a fall sale, with 30% off of their sale items. Whenever Madewell has one of these sales, I always have to check them out! They don't have the sales that often. I ended up picking up the most beautiful dark cabernet colored leather handbag! I can't wait to use this baby. I figure it will just be an early birthday gift to me! The top one is the one I got, but I love the english saddle one too! Since I purchased they also came out with a really pretty green, but I can't really see myself using that color.


The second item I purchased, I felt like I was taking a chance on. I have been wanting to jump on the coated denim train, but unsure where to purchase from. Madewell had a pair of coated denim leggings both on sale & then with the 30% off I decided to bite. I did call to make sure I could return if they didn't fit, as sizing is always hard. I could return, so I ordered them. I got my usual size and the leggings arrived tonight. With trepidation, I opened the bag & went to try on. As soon as I got them on I was in love! Not in like, in LOVE! They are a pull on style, and it might sound weird but they have an elastic band in the back waistband and I think that helped to get a nice snug fit, without being too tight. Thankfully a perfect height for no muffin top & honestly when people say things "Fit Like A Glove" they could have been describing what it is like to wear these. I will have to come back to update after wearing for a day as to how they wear and if there is any sagging that goes on. They do contain some elastane so hopefully 2% is enough to give them shape thru the day. I will probably cry if they get really super saggy! 



So far I have been very happy with all items I have purchased from Madewell. Good quality and good fit so far! 

I tried the leggings on with a white tee that I picked up at Old Navy for $3.99. I don't know how long it will last, as Old Navy items are really hit or miss but if I can get a few wears out of it for $3.99 I guess I will be happy! 




For cooler weather I will add either a sweater or a light jacket to the ensemble. I will try and update how the leggings do after I get a chance to wear them & hopefully update with a photo of me so you can see what a more normal sized person looks like in them compared to the size 000 models that most companies are using. 

Thanks for reading! 





            

No comments:

Post a Comment