Friday, October 31, 2014

Its been a while!

I have made it my goal to post each Wednesday till I get going on blogging a bit more. And then life happens, and I find it is Friday and I still haven't made my weekly post. Maybe I need to utilize my calendar alerts on my iPad better!

Today's post is BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS! *said in the bubbly voice of the "boats, boats boats!" girl on HIMYM*

So lets talk boots! I  purchased these super lovely Frye Martina Short Boots in Whiskey over the summer, at a fantastic price so I was set as far as short leather boots went.


The only, and I mean ONLY gripe I have with these boots is they scratch like MAD! Like, I bump a box at work and there comes a new scratch! I suppose as they get more scratches & worn they still will look great though!

Then I got these booties from Old Navy, and normally I find their items to be cheaply made & cheap looking these days, however I have loved these booties & $2 I paid for them after promo's and Gap Rewards, I have gotten my money's worth out of them & they still are going strong! Sold out at Old Navy or I'd link them!


So I had been eyeing Hunter Original Tall Rain Boots for a few years now, but never took the plunge. The other day though however, blogger ShopDandy posted about a good sale that Piperlime was having. Normally their Hunters are excluded from some of their promo's (like the 30% for new customers for sure) but their sale this past week was 25% off purchases if you spent $200 or more. Plus each purchaser is entered into a drawing for their Luxe Vintage event. Some items that could be won would be a Chanel bag, Louis Vuitton Speedy, Hermes, etc. OMG fingers crossed I win lol! I almost never win anything & I enter drawings like a crazy lady! Anyhow, back to the subject at hand! Hunters are generally around $148 so I had to locate something else that I needed to get that total up to $200. I am selling a bunch of stuff on Ebay so I took the plunge and added the DV by Dolce Vita Myste tall suede boots @ $160  I had been eyeing for a bit to my cart. Using the 25% off discount, plus ebates (sign up on my ebate link for great discounts!) I ended up spending $200 for two pair of boots! Awesome deal & I love them both! 



My one comment on the Hunters... they do run a little bigger so if you are half size, you may want to size down. However I am an 8.5 in some brands and 9 in others and I went with an 8, and they do almost seem a hair too small so be cautious! I think they will work for me though. 

I feel like my boot wardrobe is almost complete and I know some of these may seem pricey but I plan to keep them & not have to buy new ones each season! If taken care of properly I imagine I won't have any issues having these in my fall/winter wardrobe for years to come. 

I do feel like I am going to need a pair of black boots that I enjoy as well and then I have been kind of lusting over these lovely rain boots Chelsea Rain Boots by J.Crew........ maybe I should spend my birthday money on them? 




What is on your fall boot wish list? Obviously I do have some wish listed items I didn't blog about, but mainly because I know it will be a long time before I can afford them..... I definatly would love some Joie boots, Tory Burch leather boots etc. 

Thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment