Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I feel like I haven't kept my end of the bargain......

And told you all where to find awesome clothing items for even more awesome prices. So here are some of my tricks!

Poshmark:So I saw a pair of J.Crew Pixie pants and got the chance to try them on during my last visit to the J.Crew store. I really liked them, but wasn't sure how they would wear on me (would they stretch out during the day, would they go with my tops, etc) so I did not want to spend $98 on them. The dark heather grey color I wanted wasn't on sale on the website either so I didn't think I would end up getting them anytime soon. Then I decided to look on Poshmark. Found a pair, new without tags (had only been tried on) and was able to get them for $40 shipped! Making them a very nice deal! I think I am going to love these pants, they feel like a dressier version of leggings. I also really wanted to try another pair of Pilcro and the Letterpress jeans. So I did find a pair of new without tags Pilcro Trousers and those were $31 shipped, which is also an excellent deal on jeans that normally run over $130. It is also a great place to sell your gently used or new items that you can't return. I have sold a lot on Posh. They do take 20% so price accordingly. But Poshmark makes it very easy by sending you a shipping label so all you need to do is pack & ship.  Katzchen80 That is my closet on Posh if you want to follow me.

This is what the Pixies look like in black. 


Another trick is to follow couponing sites on Facebook such as hip2saveMint Arrow and I know there are a ton more, but I really like these two. hip2save has everything from toys, to food items etc that she posts about. Mint Arrow is more fashion & baby items. A little higher end from time to time. I didn't end up purchasing, but Mint Arrow posted a deal Monday about half off Hobo The Original wallets which would have been an awesome deal as Hobo wallets are fantastic! 

Last little bit of advice is to just wait! With the coupon sites, yes if you see a good deal you often need to jump because it won't be there long but for the most part my approach to good deals is just to wait it out. The cycle most stores have before they post a percent off or move things to the sale section is pretty quick so if I see something I like, I stalk it for a while until it get's a percent off that can be applied or it gets moved to the sale section. Of course, by that method you can sometimes miss out on an item, but I always figure there really isn't anything I "HAVE TO HAVE" so badly I can't afford to miss it. Doing this, I have often ended up with items I wanted from day one but ended up getting for half the price or more. Patience! 

Thanks for reading!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment