Tuesday, November 4, 2014

How to score a deal on designer jeans!

So I think I have fallen in love with premium, designer denim! Not to sound like a snob or anything, but I am finding the quality and fit of the jeans I have in my closet that had price points over $100 to start just is so awesome & I find myself reaching for them most often. What is even better? Finding amazing deals on them! So far I own one pair of Pilcro  (originally they start around $140) and one pair Point Sur for J.Crew (originally $256). Total for both those pairs was less then $150.  I received an email coupon the other day for Neiman Marcus Last call for $25 off any purchase. So after adding a bunch of Kendra Scott jewelry to the cart a few times, I changed my mind and decided to look for jeans. I happened to be in the area of a Nordstrom on Saturday so I tried on about $1400 in denim to get a feel for what size I would be in Hudson, AG, JBrand, 7 for all Mankind, Citizens of Humanity and the like. Oh and I might add, $1400 in premium denim was about 7 pair! Then I got online later that night & eyed the selection at NM. They had a few pair of Hudson I really liked, but I settled on a pair of JBrand in black, since I need work appropriate pant options. I will say of all I tried in store, I loved how the Hudson ones fit. Anyhow back to JBrand. They ran a little tight, but true to size. I hear they stretch a little during wear so I kept with my size. Here are the ones I ordered:


Original Price: $218. On sale for $69 at NM Last Call. Then another percent off coupon & the $25 off I paid $34 shipped! Unfortunately I must have bought the last pair, so I can't link you to this exact pair, but do check NM for others!

I also was eyeing these Hudsons and hopefully can order them soon too!





Of all the jeans I tried I will say I was in the same size as usual except for in AG I did have to try a size up. The 7 for all Mankind I tried on did not look good on me, not sure if it was a fluke, the style of that pair or what but I think I want to try on more before purchasing in that brand. 

Thanks for reading! 





2 comments:

  1. I love that you went to the store and tried them on. Then when you find a great deal online you can order the right size without worrying about if they will fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit I felt rather bad that I wasn't going to purchase, but I had read not all brands do "vanity" sizing as some do so I wanted to be sure. I know I could return with NM but I hate the hassle!

      Delete