Friday, November 21, 2014

J.Crew's Black Friday Shopping Event

Me and my mini shopper Myles went to J.Crew today for their Black Friday shopping event. They were wise, they did theirs a week early and thus I actually went. I am one of those who hides in my home on Black Friday to avoid the crazy crowds so this suited me quite well! They had donuts (mmmmm, but how I am going to look sexy in the clothes after ingesting a donut?) and coffee. Myles appreciated the chocolate frosted donut & devoured it in no time. And thanks to the donut, I had approximately two minutes of whine-free shopping time! Store had 30% off most items, with 40% off sale. Coupled with my 15% off educators discount, I got some pretty darn good deals! After over an hour of browsing, I decided on the wool zip mini skirt, blurred ikat blouse (didn't try on, so must exchange for a different size though), a pair of slippers and a pretty blingy bracelet. I also got a pair of thick wintery socks.
I will say while I love the slippers, I was torn between two pairs & now I am wondering if I should keep or exchange the ones I got, maybe my readers can help! I will post pics & links!







Suede Shearling Scuffs (the ones I got) 


Lodge Moccasins  (the other pair) 



Forgot to mention I also had a few returns & with my discounts & J.Crew $50 rewards card all these items were had for very little out of pocket! A few notes on the items. The skirt, I would say is pretty true to size. I am between an 8 and 10 on skirts (most often a 10) and got an 8 on this. Due to the style of skirt I wanted it fitted. The shirt, I would say is probably true to size. I am usually a Medium or 8, but I tried on a top in a similar fabric in a 6 today which fit well, so I got a 6. Taking it back to get an 8 instead. The bracelet, very nice construction. Well made and very pretty! The slippers fit true to size, I took a 9 per usual! 

Thanks for reading! 







No comments:

Post a Comment