Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Some Reviews!

I was thinking about doing a "Wishlist Wednesday" post, but today I am just not able to think of much to add to one (shocking I know!) but nothing I am in dire want or need of!

So I decided to do some reviews of items I have posted about in prior posts.

First up:

Gap Supersoft "Bowery" Tee 

Two of the three tee's I posted about last week arrived today! Lately I have been hit or miss about how I feel about Gap's apparel. Some items seem well made, others don't. Some fit me great, others not so much. Well the Bowery Tee's did not disappoint! I ordered Mediums, and they did seem slightly smaller sized, but the stretch was nice & I didn't feel poured into them. Long enough sleeves, nice neckline & I enjoyed the fact that they were part cotton, part poly & part modal so I would have some stretch & shape to them. Looking forward to wearing them with my vests this winter. 

Next up: 


Madewell Coated Leggings "Super, Super Skinny" 

Love these! I wore these out for my birthday dinner two weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. Comfortable, slimming, and they didn't bag out! I figured I would give them an even greater test drive today and wore them to work all day. They still didn't bag out! I think I may wash them before wearing next time, but honestly I was impressed with all the sitting done both times that they held shape very nicely. I would highly recommend these to anyone wanting to try the coated denim look! 

Third: 


J.Brand Skinny Jean in Rogue 

These fit pretty snug when I first put them on. At first I was worried they would be too snug but as the day went on they did loosen a little. I loved them though & while they loosened, they didn't look baggy or weird by the end of the day. I did find I wanted a belt with them, as the back waistband did want to slip a bit thru the day, but nothing that was a deal breaker for me. I think often jeans will do that so I do think I am used to it. Love the look and while the fabric was soft, they didn't seem like huge lint magnets which is a big plus for me! 2 Thumbs up! 

A boot: 


J.Crew Chelsea Rain Boot 

I did end up getting these with some birthday money and really love the look of them as well as the leopard in general! I haven't worn them yet, as I am still trying to decide what type of pant looks best. Seems like skinny jeans tucked in feel odd to me, but maybe I am just not used to it yet. I did try on with my relaxed Pilcro jeans that have a little cuff and that did look cute, as the cuff ends above the top of boot. Probably these will get more wear in the spring when I can wear more skirts & dresses and also the cuffed jean. 

And another boot:


Hunter Original Boot 

These boots! They were worth the wait (wanted them for a year before taking the plunge). First out of the box, they felt tight (I sized from an 8.5-9 down to an  8) But then I wore them a few weekends ago and they felt great on me so I think originally my sock may have been bunched up or a tad to thick. I have worn a few more times & can foresee them getting a lot of use as Ohio tends to be a rainy, damp state. 


And the last item I am posting about I have not yet received but was lucky enough to find back in stock on Anthropologie and marked down. I wasn't sure on sizing and they didn't have the size I normally would buy, so I went to the next size down. Crossing fingers (and toes) it fits! It is on its way now, so expect a review next week! 



Thanks again for reading! 

Caroline 







No comments:

Post a Comment